Dr. Camilla Tenaglia
- 2009-2012 BA in International Studies at the University of Bologna
- 2012-2015 MA in International Relations at the University of Bologna
- Spring 2014 Exchange student at Dickinson College (Carlisle, PA)
- 2015-2018 PhD Candidate at the University of Trento and the Italian German Historical Institute in Trento. Project on Mgr. Celestino Endrici, Prince Bishop of Trento (1904-1940).
- April-May 2018 DAAD Short term research fellowship at Goethe-Universität Frankfurt
- Since 2018 Research assistant at Goethe-Universität Frankfurt. Project on the selection process of Italian Prefects (1970-2000), in the context of the DFG Project “Personalentscheidungen bei gesellschaftlichen Schlüsselpositionen”
- Since 2019 Affiliated fellow at ISIG
Prefects in Italy (1970-2000)
This research, part of the project “Personalentscheidungen in der öffentlichen Verwaltung seit den Krisen der 1970er Jahre: Nationale und internationale Perspektiven” coordinated by professor Christoph Cornelissen, focuses on the selection process of Italian prefects from regionalisation (1970) to the reorganization of prefectoral carrier at the end of the ’90. The aim is to analyse the relations between the law, the debate and the praxis concerning this selections.
Celestino Endrici: Story of the last Prince Bishop
The PhD research project focused on Mgr. Celestino Endrici, Prince Bishop of Trento between 1904 and 1940 and especially on the period after WWI and his incarceration by Habsburg authorities. At the end of the war, welcomed back in Italy as an hero, Endrici was able to assert himself as a personality and a crucial actor in the redefinition of the new Trentino province (schools, legal issues, religious issues). The Bishop is regarded as part of the larger foreign policy of the Holy See, seen as a multilayered actor of the international system, towards Italy.
Tenaglia Camilla, Da cardinale volante a Papa internazionale: Pacelli sul trono di Pietro, in Bernardini G., Cornelißen C., La medialità della storia. Nuovi studi sulla rappresentazione della politica e della società, Bologna: Il Mulino, 2019, pp. 271-293.
Tenaglia Camilla, Il mondo cattolico trentino alla prova: tra Regno e Regime (1918-1931), in preparation (Cliopress, Fedoa Books).