Termin nach Vereinbarung: email@example.com
- Carolingian politics
"The language of women’s powers in Carolingian diplomas" (PhD-Project - finished)
My research focuses on the language of royal charters which describes royal women’s authority in Carolingian and late Carolingian Europe (c. 774–1000). This project aims at assessing what the linguistic choices in the creation of Carolingian diplomas can tell us about women’s role in royal politics. Charters are a valuable resource of information for the study of early medieval politics, but their significance for the study of elite women has been underestimated. This project analyses titles and expressions which define queens and empresses and, more broadly, royal women (royal daughters, sisters and mothers). The research aims at show that linguistic choices in the compilation of royal charters can shed light on the political status of women. Moreover, it argues that expressions and titles used to define women offer a crucial insight into the way in which rulers represented themselves, and on the kind of political messages that they wanted to deliver.
- 2013– : Postdoctoral researcher in the project "Politische Sprache im Mittelalter – Semantische Zugänge" (Goethe Universität, project leader: Prof. Bernhard Jussen).
- 2009–2013: PhD-Project "Italian queens in the 9th and 10th century" at the University of St Andrews, in co-tutelle with the University of Bologna.
- 2006–2009: MA in Mediaeval Studies and Archive Administration, University of Bologna.
- 2005–2006: Exchange student at the Université de Paris VII – Denis Diderot.
- 2003–2006: BA in History, University of Bologna.
- 1998–2003: Secondary school diploma in Classics.
- Duoda e le altre: storia delle donne e risorse on-line , "Reti Medievali - Rivista", 10 (2009).
- Beni fiscali e potere delle donne nel Regno Italico: l’imperatrice Angelberga, “Società Donne & Storia”, 5 (2010), pp. 76–159.
- Angelberga, il monastero di San Sisto di Piacenza e il corso del fiume Po, in T. LAZZARI (Ed.), Il patrimonio delle regine: beni del fisco e politica regia tra IX e X secolo, “Reti Medievali - Rivista”,13, 2 (2012), pp. 141–162.
- Il patrimonio di Angelberga e la sua dislocazione territoriale, in L.GUIDI, M.R.PELIZZARI (Eds.), Atti del V Congresso della Società italiana delle Storiche, forthcoming.